When moving premises, planning is crucial!
Lister Communications expertise is available to you to help minimise the stress of moving your communications services. To offer you some help in advance we have put together our top tips and questions you should consider before the move; choosing a new telephone system or relocating your existing one is considered the most complex part of any office relocation.
- How much will it cost to re-install your existing telephone system in the new office?
- Is the current cabling infrastructure in the new office suitable and will it support your technology requirements (i.e. VoIP, voice and data cabling, set up for mobile working etc.)
- Are you intending to recruit additional staff in the new office? In which you will need additional phone sets, lines etc. Does this require you to upgrade your system due to more capacity?
- New telephone lines can take up to 6 weeks to be installed, have you included this in your planning?
- How old is your current telephone system and are you still able to get a maintenance contract for it?
- Does your telephone system need renewing, upgrading and is it fit for purpose in the new office?
- Does it contain all the features that are necessary for your business to perform at its optimum level?
- How much will it cost to upgrade your current phone system? We can advise you on which phone system best suits your requirements and the cost of purchase and installation.
- What impact will a new telephone system have on staff training? Can training be provided before the relocation?
- What benefits will the new telephone system bring to my business? The benefits and advantages will need to outweigh the cost of upgrading to a new system
Don’t forget that an office move is often considered a good opportunity to review all your IT equipment and embracing the latest technology can also help to improve performance and efficiency also it is far easier to implement the right infrastructure while your new offices are empty. If having read this you feel that you need to discuss your telephone options with a expert do not hesitate to call us on 0800 652 4133 or click here to book an appointment with one of our on site specialists.