For the Avaya IP Office, you can enter Short Codes to access different features of the phone. These are codes you dial in to quickly toggle a feature on or off, or change the call settings of your phone.
Call Waiting tells you if another call comes through if you are already on a call by playing a call waiting tone, so you can choose to put the current caller on hold and answer the new call. This feature can be turned on by dialling *15, and turned off by dialling *16.
- To switch Voicemail on, dial *18. To switch off, dial *19
- To retrieve your Voicemail, dial *17
Do Not Disturb
- To switch Do Not Disturb on, dial *08. To turn it off, dial *09
- To add a number to your exception list – one that will still be able to make calls to you while Do Not Disturb mode is on, dial *10*(N)# (N) being their number
- To delete a number from your exception list, dial *11*#
You can divert calls to another extension using Follow Me. Unlike Forwarding Calls, Follow Me can only be used to divert a call to another extension within the Avaya Phone System. You can either divert calls using Follow-Me-Here from another extension, or Follow-Me-To from your home extension:
- To use Follow-Me-To, dial *14*(N)# from your own extension. The (N) here represents the extension to which you want calls diverted
- Dial *14*# to cancel either feature from your own extension.
- To use Follow-Me-Here, dial *12*(N)# from the extension you are temporarily using. The (N) here represents your home extension
- Dial *13*# to re-direct calls back to your own extension
Your calls can be forwarded to another extension or external number when you are busy or away from the office altogether. You have a few options when it comes to Call Forwarding that can be switched on/off with Short Codes:
- To set the number to which your calls are forwarded, you need to dial *07*(N)#. The (N) here represents the extension number you want the call forwarded to. So, if you want the call forwarded to extension 212, for example, you would dial *07*212#
- To switch Forward Calls Unconditional On (so not a Hunt Group), dial *01. To switch off, dial *02
- To turn on Forward Calls when you are Busy, dial *03. To switch off, dial *04
- To switch Forward Calls when there is no answer on, dial *05. Dial *06 to switch it off
- To switch Forward Hunt Group Calls on, dial *50. To switch it off, dial *51
- To Cancel All Forwarding, dial *00
For more information or support on our products and services join us on Twitter or give us a call on 0800 652 4133.