Have you heard of what3words? If not, download it. It’s an app that can literally save your life.
Founded in 2013, this innovative global addressing system is now used on a daily basis by emergency services as well as the general public to pinpoint precise locations.
It works by dividing the world into 57 trillion three by three-meter squares, each with a unique three-word address.
These addresses can be used in 30+ languages and are much simpler to remember, use and communicate with.
For example ///sprinkler.resolved.activity marks the exact entrance to Lister’s Stonehouse base.
Three-word addresses are as accurate as GPS coordinates.
51.7502332, -2.3017625 ←→ /// sprinkler.resolved.activity
People are using what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place when it’s needed most.
Key features include:
– Compatible with navigation and messaging apps including Google Maps and Apple Maps
– Search for 3-word addresses or street addresses
– Enter a 3-word address using voice or by scanning it
– Save your favourite locations
– AutoSuggest feature prevents mistakes
– Available in 30+ languages
– Offline navigation with compass mode
– Apple Watch support
– iMessage support
– Dark Mode support
Join millions using the free what3words app.