Full fibre broadband connections offer the fastest and most reliable speeds available, and the government is committed to a vision of a full fibre Britain. As part of this commitment in March 2018 a £67 million Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme was announced.
Gigabit vouchers can be used by small and medium sized businesses and the local communities surrounding them to contribute to the installation cost of a gigabit capable connection.
Businesses can claim up to £2,500 against the cost of connection either individually or as part of a group project. Residents can benefit from the scheme as part of a group project which also includes businesses, and can claim for a voucher of up to a value of £500.
One gigabit is the same as 1,000 megabits – so it’s a big leap forward in connection speeds that could benefit you and your business into the future.
Your business must be an SME meeting the following requirements:
• Employs fewer than 250 persons
• Annual turnover is below €50m
• Balance sheet is below €43m
• The business is not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity (25 threshold)
• Must comply with the European state aid rules
• Must have received less than €200,000 in the current and two previous financial years in de minimis aid
• New connection must meet the required step change